Saturday, April 21, 2012

Looking For A Specific Store

I am looking for a store that sold really neat pewter chess sets and nice wooden chess/checker boards. All I remember is that it is near place mongue, but it may be near there on rue mouffetard. I remember seeing a Best Western in the area also. I know these are very vague details and probably not very helpful, but maybe someone has the slightest guess....? Thanks!!




|||



hi



It could be there : Au Etains Du Graal - Rue des Ecoles 75001 PARIS (M° Maubert Mutualité) ... (would be my best guess)





or perhaps there :



Game in Blue



24 Rue Monge 75005 PARIS



Métro : Cardinal-Lemoine



Heures d%26#39;ouverture : lundi 14h00-19h00 mar au samedi 11h00 -19h00



Tél. : 01 43 25 96 73 / Fax. : 01 43 54 87 51




|||



Lougir: Thanks very much for your response....it may be the second store, we will be sure to check it out when we are there. In 4 weeks!!! It%26#39;s not the first store...sorry, guess i should have mentioned our hotel was on rue des ecoles and we walked ( or south east?) on rue mongue and then a little on rue mouffetard. But thank you very much, will be sure to look up the address and take a look!




|||



If you use the photo feature on the Paris Pages Jaunes (Yellow Pages) site, you may be able to recognize the store. Just type in the address and cllick on the photo link when you get the listing.



http://www.pagesjaunes.fr/pj.cgi?lang=en




|||



I think I know the store you%26#39;re referring to as I bought a wonderful chess set for my son there; it was difficult to choose a set because they had several very interesting ones!





Also, it was close to my hotel, the Best Western on Rue de Sommerard. As I recall, when I walked out of the hotel I took a right turn and walked up the hill (in the opposite direction from the Seine) and it was a very small store on the right.





When I look at my favorite map of Paris (hot-maps.de/europe/france/paris/homeen.html), from my estimation it would be on Rue des Carmes or the next street over (these are the two streets between the Pantheon and Rue Monge - so I think it%26#39;s probably the same place you saw the shop!)





I can%26#39;t remember the name of the store, but I bet if you wander around you%26#39;ll find it. I am quite sure it was on the right side of the street, going uphill, and on the corner right before it was a small hardware or odd-lot store.





Good luck, and enjoy the wandering!




|||



the hatlady: It was on the right side going up the hill!! Thank you very much!! Irish: I will try the pages jaune picture, but I don%26#39;t know if I will recognize it for sure. But I have located this store on my map as wel and plan on buying a set for my nephew. thank you very much again!




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 pm, August 28, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment