Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Stylish walking shoes

Now, before anyone gets irritated, I did look in previous forums and didn%26#39;t quite see what I was looking for!!





I was hoping for recommendations for comfy, stylish walking shoes to wear in Paris the last week of April. (Keeping in mind that I don%26#39;t want to stick out like a sore thumb, but also cannot walk 10 miles a day in my high-heeled boots!!)





I%26#39;m a bit of a wimp, so open-toed sandles are a no, since it will probably be too cold for my tootsies. I%26#39;d have posted this elsewhere, but I am going to Paris and thought this would be the best spot to get advice from those in the Paris know!





Thanks,



Paula




|||



This is such a dilemma! I%26#39;ve been trying to figure this out myself. The practical, good walking shoes are not what I would call stylish. The cute, stylish shoes are not good for the kind of walking a tourist does in Paris. I%26#39;ve been wondering about putting orthotic inserts in cute shoes.




|||



MACapet, I do this all the time. I am taking my Josef Siebels (which are arguably stylish and comfortable anyway) and putting my New Balance inserts in them All New Balance sneakers have a removable insert which is nicely conformed to my foot since I walk in them every day. My teen traveling companion has Puma%26#39;s and she%26#39;s doing the same thing, since Puma%26#39;s have almost no support whatsoever. It really does work wonderfully well.




|||



Good! I%26#39;m glad this is an option! Of course, I%26#39;ll still keep looking for new shoes!!




|||



I%26#39;ve had some limited success with Rockport shoes and with Clarks and Born. Finding comfort and stylishness is not easy. Especially if you want to wear dresses or skirts. Good Luck. Let us know if you find anything. BTW, on the advice of my daughter-in-law I tried wearing Skecthers on my last trip and they did pretty well for about 5 miles.




|||



Well of COURSE you%26#39;ll keep looking for new shoes....Paris trip or not! LOL




|||



As I wrote in my recent post, I do love my Naot boots! But since you%26#39;re going in April, they probably wouldn%26#39;t work. I haven%26#39;t really looked at Naot%26#39;s selection of spring/summer shoes, but it might be worth a try. And I also like Dansko%26#39;s...they%26#39;ve expanded their line and have some cute styles besides their standard clogs. I also recently had a look at the Josef Seibels - they have some stylish choices as well.



I agree - there was a time when comfort shoe = frumpy, but I think that that%26#39;s changing.





Happy Goin - you should be able to break in your walking shoes in Boston. I lived there for several years so I logged a lot of miles on those city streets (not to mention ridin the T :)




|||



I love my Dansko clogs, arguably unstylish but quirky in their own way. I can walk for miles in them!!!




|||



Oh me too - I love my clogs! I wore them in Paris, along with the Naot boots...yes, I consider them stylish in their own special way :)




|||



Clarks and Easy Spirit are comfortable. Whatever you choose, just buy start to break them in now. Do not wear new shoes.





T




|||



So when you wear clogs, do you wear socks with them or not? If so, can you walk all day and keep your shoes on? I don%26#39;t want to sound dumb, but I always wear my mules in warmer weather without socks!!





Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment